Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes
Happy Weekend! I hope everyone is enjoying their time off. The weather in Connecticut is currently overcast and humid. Bleh. This means that I probably will not spend much time outside swimming or gardening. Instead, I plan on drinking multiple cups of coffee and maybe partaking in a nice workout at the gym. Tomorrow, I made plans to do a bunch of canning with Joshua’s mother. We’re going to make some pie fillings and jams. How fun is that? If you’ve never canned anything before, I encourage you to try. It’s so fun and slightly messy. Jams and jellies make perfect gifts around the holidays as well. They’re extremely personal.
My weekend began yesterday at 4 pm, and I knew I wanted to make a home-cooked meal. Joshua and I have been trying to save our money and making our meals at home more frequently. It’s a great time for us to bond and support each other. He’s a fantastic grill master and loves to crack open a beer and listen to his music while he’s manning the chicken.
I, on the other hand, was roasting up some of the potatoes that I’ll be sharing with you today. Guys, they’re so tasty. They were a wonderful side dish for our barbecue chicken and broccoli.
What makes these potatoes so delicious? The garlic and rosemary, of course. The first time I had this style of potatoes was at my high school graduation party some six years ago. My mom made most of the food including eggplant parmesan and rosemary potatoes. I fell in love with the herby seasoning and actually desire these over french fries every day of the week. Is that weird? I love some heat in my food. There’s always a bottle of sriracha on the table at my house. We actually dipped these potatoes in sriracha. On their own, these potatoes are a little spicy because of the red pepper flakes, but you can always scale back on the heat if you prefer a milder potato.
- 9 yukon gold potatoes (washed and sliced)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, and garlic. Mix until potatoes are covered well with olive oil. Add in salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
- Transfer potatoes to parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes rotating potatoes halfway through baking process.
- After 30 minutes has pass, turn down oven to 325 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve with chicken or meat dish.