Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies
Happy Monday, everyone! Fall is in full swing here in Connecticut. Although it’s been difficult to completely enjoy my weekends, I have been enjoying some autumn activities and baking.
A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I went up to the Big E. For those of you who are not from New England, the Big E is the biggest fairgrounds in New England. This fair is opened from the middle of September until the first week in October. You can find any type of fried food imaginable. Joshua and I stayed away from the fried food though. We settled for the Maine Baked Potato! So delicious.
After our journey to Massachusetts for the Big E, we decided to stop up at the Yankee Candle Factory Store; this store is nostalgic for me. When I was a kid, it was tradition to visit the giant scent factory and experience Christmas year round. I have to admit that going on a weekday was a wonderful idea. There were no crowds whatsoever. I decided on two large candles: Cranberry Pear and Pumpkin Pie. My bedroom and kitchen smell fabulous.
I realize that it’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted a recipe and I have to apologize. Between grading, prepping, and teacher evaluation, I have had a very limited amount of time for the internet at all. Facebook, I’ve neglected you for weeks! It doesn’t mean that Miss Scrambled Egg and my blogging community isn’t important to me. I think about you wonderful people each day. I’m just barely hanging onto the lifeboat. My goal right now is to post two recipes a month. Please bare with me.
In other news, Joshua and I have been working on renovating his home. Before it looked like an Easter egg and now it’s neutral and inviting. We’ve painted and cleaned! The grunt work is almost done. It’ll be nice for him to have his own place. He’s been pushing himself so hard and I’m trying to be as supportive as possible.
For all of you who are wondering how I’m doing as a first year teacher, well, I love it. Somedays are really frustrating and others are completely positive. I’m trying to embrace balance and self-reflection. Luckily, my support system is unbelievably helpful and kind.
Okay, so here comes the most festive Chex Mix that you’ve ever tasted. A Muddy Buddy recipe made with Pumpkin Spice M&Ms and Pumpkin Spice Chips. This sweet and spicy snack will have you coming back for more!
- 1 bag pumpkin spice chips
- 1 bag of Pumpkin Spice Latte M&Ms
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 1-1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Place pumpkin spice chips in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave for three minutes, checking every minute and stirring.
- In a large-sized mixing bowl, add Corn Chex. Pour melted pumpkin spice chips over Corn Chex and stir until well coated.
- Transfer wet Chex mixture to a large sealable freezer bag with confectioner’s sugar. Toss Chex in confectioner’s sugar until pumpkin spice coating is no longer wet. Set aside for a few minutes.
- While waiting for the pumpkin spice coating to set, combine Cinnamon Chex and Pumpkin Spice Latte M&Ms. Dump pumpkin coated Chex into bowl with Cinnamon Chex and M&Ms. Enjoy with a latte or coffee.