M&M Mini Chocolate Cookies
As some of you might have seen, I went on a little vacation this past weekend to Tampa. My best friend, her husband, and their puppy, Anyong, live in the sunny state of Florida. For those of you who watch The Weather Channel or live in Florida, you understand that Florida has not been so sunny recently. During my five day stay, it was only sunny for about five hours of my trip. I didn’t mind though. Olivia came up with a long list of day trips and delicious treats that I needed to try. Many “firsts” were created this weekend.
What new things did I try? Well, the first night of my trip, I was able to taste Tampa’s own Cigar City Brewing as well as local Kombucha. I actually have never had Kombucha until a few days ago, but I loved it. It’s such a unique drink. Olivia took me to an archery range with the wonderfully talented Melodious Monster; they both blew me away with their shooting skills. Katniss had nothing on us. Just kidding. Katniss Everdeen is a beast with a bow and arrow. Olivia and Kelly also introduced me to the Cronut at Piquant. I’m still dreaming of it’s deliciously light and sweet layers. This week, Olivia and I also watched Pretty Woman for the first time. I know, I know. I’m twenty something years late on this train, but the movie was fantastic. Julie Roberts was on point.
I had the opportunity to cook with Olivia while I was visiting as well. We made homemade chocolate Oreo ice cream with coconut flakes (so good!) and chicken empanadas. It’s wonderful to have someone to work with in the kitchen.
I returned home on Tuesday and was swept right back into the swing of things at Starbucks. Luckily, I haven’t skipped a beat in the kitchen. Yesterday, I made these M&M Mini Chocolate Cookies and the results were in overwhelming two thumbs up. I ate three and then had to share with my co-workers.
These cookies are sweet and chewy in the center. The edges have the perfect amount of crispiness. I love a good chocolate cookie, but cookies are better with add-ins. That’s why I needed to call in the M&M minis for backup.
How was your weekend? Did you go on any adventures?
- 1-1/2 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s spread (or other chocolate spread)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large-sized mixing bowl, combine butter, egg, brown sugar, granulated sugar, Hershey’s spread, vanilla. Beat with hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir with spoon until mixture comes together.
- Slowly spoon flour mixture into wet mixture and beat on medium speed with hand mixer until combined. Add in miniature M&Ms and mix for another few seconds.
- Place batter in refrigerator for at least one hour. While waiting for batter to chill, line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove cookie batter from refrigerator and roll cookies into one inch balls placing them three inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Place cookies in oven for 8 minutes or until cookies are no longer glossy on top. Remove from oven after baking and let cookies cool before eating.