Hi there, I am Miss Scrambled Egg also known as Erin! Having been a huge fan of the culinary universe and many food blogs over the years, I was eager to start a blog of my own. I toyed with the idea for over a year and finally committed to sit down to share my life and recipes with an audience. Thank you for stopping by.
As a New Englander, I appreciate and utilize seasonal vegetables and fruits as much as possible. I try to incorporate as many of them as I can into my cooking. You’ll see more freshness from April to November as our winters in New England aren’t conducive for growing produce. I spent my high school years working a farm stand and garden center where I learned an abundance about living a healthy life. Be warned that I do have a sweet tooth and it runs rampant if I don’t use my super strong willpower.
The name, Miss Scrambled Egg, originates from my initials, which are indeed, EGG. When I’m not cooking and baking for whoever will taste test my food, I am teaching reading classes at a local high school. Recently, I hung up my green apron at Starbucks for good to commit my full attention to teaching and blogging! I loved being a barista, but the time had come to move on to different adventures. I still have a lot on my plate (pun intended), but continue to return to the kitchen as a form of meditation and comfort. Just like Ron Swanson and Leslie Knope, I believe that breakfast is the best meal of the day; however, my love for food exceeds just waffles and eggs.
I enjoy running with my Australian Shepherd, Cabott, but he outruns me every time. He’s a sneaky guy who will jump at any opportunity to sample my culinary creations if I’m not careful. Cabott is three years old; he came into the family at eight weeks old and has shown nothing but love for our other fur ball, Luke.
More about Miss Scrambled Egg
1. I am an avid reader. I love diving into new worlds and exploring the characters who inhabit these lands. Currently, I am reading Rising Strong by Brené Brown.
2. When I was younger, Fridays meant cooking with GG and Emily (my sister), watching new episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Boy Meets World, and playing card games.
3. Until college, I hated exercise and working out. I wanted results without putting in the work. My freshman year of college, I discovered how important exercise was to maintaining my health and emotional state. Since 2010, I have run in eight 5ks and continue to look for new running inspiration.
4. I know how to taxidermy quail.
5. Overall, I am an optimistic individual who tries to find the good in people.
6. I do not eat red meat, but find creative ways to spice up chicken and vegetarian dishes.
7. My favorite television show obsessions are: Fargo, Scandal, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Orphan Black. Power to all those forward-thinking, stubborn, brilliant women!
8. I have an extremely supportive significant other (Joshua) who never ceases to surprise me.
9. My summer days are spent touring local wineries and going to the beach.
10. Cotton Candy Candles, Peppermint Patties, and Ryan Montbleau Band are some of favorite happy places.